The recently held Worldwide Developers Conference did release the patience level of people to some extent by announcing the updates for watchOS, macOS, tvOS and of course the iOS. The tenth generation iOS did not feature much of the upgrades for iPad but it seems that the officials of Apple have now concentrated on the iPad. The tablet will get more powerful and we can certainly thank the iOS 11 for that. The iPad users wanted the device to get ameliorated this time to a larger extent and now people got quite elated after the Apple event.
However, we did get an insight into some of the iOS 11 Features which have been discussed below.
- 1 All New Features of iOS 11
- 2 Apple iOS 11 Some Additional Features
- 3 iOS 11 Compatibility: Full List of Supporting Devices
- 4 iOS 11 Release Date: All You Need to Know
All New Features of iOS 11
A Major Change in the App Drawer
iOS 10 revamped the iMesage section totally and people did envision something this time as well. The App Drawer in the iMessage section has been reworked which makes it convenient for the users to share pictures, music, and other content across.
Yet another convenient feature added by the officials of Apple as the users can easily transfer money to people through the Apple Pay. It can be found in the Messages app. It seems that the Apple Pay would be one of the convenient features which the iOS 11 would end up introducing.
The eleventh generation iOS revamped the Apple Pencil for iPad Pro as it has now become quite powerful. The Apple Pencil is not only used for drawing but one can also do a lot other productive work by using it. You can type on the keyboard with the stylus, take down notes and so on. The revamped Apple Pencil will also let you take screenshots faster and you certainly can mark a PDF file.
— Louie del Carmen (@LouiedelCarmen) June 3, 2017
A feature called Instant Markup has also been introduced with the Apple Pencil which will let the users mark the background of the text.
And right after you get done taking the notes with the Apple Pencil, it will immediately save it on the Notes app. However, if you have jotted down something with the stylus and start drawing anything, the text will automatically shift aside for your convenience. And you can also outline anything in the mail.
The files can be scanned with the Document Scanner and one can sign it with the Apple Pencil.
Augmented Reality: Future is Right Here Right Now
The Augmented Reality feature augments the real world environment with the object and now iOS 11 has introduced the same feature for various devices manufactured by Apple. It is called the ARKit and will build up AR experiences. The feature will help all the applications to connect with the real world which will a new experience for the Apple users. The users are going to experience a splendid virtual experience through the Augmented Reality feature. The object recognition, as well as the computer vision experience, would be quite great for the users.
— TGVIA (@TGVIA) June 6, 2017
The Live Photo Feature
We already know what the Boomerang app is and how fascinating it has become for people. And now iOS 11 has introduced something of that sort for its users. The Live Photo feature includes Bounce, Loops and Long Exposure.
If you have taken a picture of the act that you are doing then the bounce feature will make it look quite interesting. It will make the act roll back right from where it has started. And the Loops feature will make the act repetitive while the Long Exposure will end up adding a blurry effect to any moving picture.
Major Feature Enhancement in the Camera
iOS 11 has added some of the most first-rate upgrades to the camera section as you can find the pictures clicked through your devices more expressive. They have added several new filters which will enhance the quality of the images and add life to it. And this is certainly a good news for all those who love editing their pictures in order to make them unusual and classy.
If you end up watching memory movies through the photo section it can be seen either in landscape or in portrait mode. A feature called the High-Efficiency Image File Format has also been introduced which will help in reducing the file size of the pictures which would be taken through the iPhone 7 or the iPhone 7 Plus.
Fully Revamped App Store
The revamped App Store will help you to figure out all the other new applications as well as games which you wanted to download since long. The experts will even provide stories and the rework of the App Store will surely leave the users spellbound right after they get to use it.
The App Store, on the other hand, will also feature a The Daily List section, this would provide recommendations of the applications to users.
Smarter and Upgraded Siri
Apple users wanted the AI to get upgraded so that it could stay ahead of the Google Assistant. And the improvements which have been made for Siri seems to be a good news for the users. The AI will end up providing multiple results on asking questions and if the translation is not on and you ask Siri something in Italian, the AI will answer the question in English.
Siri will now be able to detect the likings and the interests of the users through their search list in Safari, Messages and even Mails. Therefore, the AI will end up giving suggestions to the users while they type something in the mail section.
Apart from Chinese, German, Italian, French and Spanish, the AI will also add several other languages and on the other hand, Siri would also feature two new voices (a male and female voice).
The revamping of the Control Centre was expected from the iOS 11 much before the release of the Beta version. The all new Control Centre sports a 3D Touch and you can adjust the volume by just getting the button down. However, the playlist can also be controlled with the help of the newly designed Control Centre.
We would now be able to see the airport maps along with the indoor maps coming along with the new Map application. The indoor map feature will allow the user to detect the restaurants which would be around the airport while you can also figure out the store with the help of the platform. However, iOS 11 has introduced the lane guidance feature in the for the reworked Map Application. It will not let you miss out on any road or lane which you are supposed to take while traveling to your destination.
Apple iOS 11 Some Additional Features
- Caution for the Drivers: The eleventh generation iOS has introduced an extremely helpful feature which would make the drivers focus on the road. If someone loses focus while driving the Do Not Disturb While Driving feature will send them a notification to let them know that it is important to focus on the driving.
- AirPlay: The eleventh version of the iOS may upgrade the AirPlay to AirPlay 2. And with the help of Siri, Home App or Control Centre, the user can get a control of the platform. However, the feature of multi-room audio streaming will also be provided by the AirPlay 2.
- Apple Music: You can easily take a look at the kind of music your friends are listening to through the revamped version of the Apple Music. iOS 11 has also introduced an all new API which will give people an entry or access to the Apple music service. This is surely going to be a great experience for all the users.
- One Hand Typing Facility: The iOS 11 is about to make typing with one hand easy. The all new QuickType keyboard will be offered to all the iPad users and this will help people use the punctuations and symbols quite quickly.
- Automatic Setup: This particular feature will allow you to setup you iPhone as well as the iPads automatically. On holding your devices in front of Macintosh desktops as well as iOS devices, all the personal settings and the passwords of iCloud Keychain will get secured.
- Podcast App: The Podcast app has also been reworked by the tech experts of Apple in order to sport a similar outlook like revamped Apple Store and the Apple Music.
- Screen Recording: iOS 11 will let the users take screenshots and this time there is no necessity for the inclusion of any third party apps.
- 3D Touch Menu Option: iOS 11 will provide a 3D Touch effect while the users try to switch the websites.
- Lock Screen: A revamping has been done for the Lock Screen as well. If you are busy and cannot check your notifications, the lock screen will provide you with all that. You just need to pull down the lock screen in order to see the notifications.
- File App: The redesigned file application will assemble all the files at one place and this will help the users to browse as well as search for them quite easily.
- Dock: The all new dock will allow users to switch and also open the applications instantly and this is quite a basic change in the iPad. However, the Dock can be customized as well.
iOS 11 Compatibility: Full List of Supporting Devices
The iOS 11 will be compatible with various devices which would run on the operating system. For all those who were waiting to know the features of the OS has finally sighed and can’t wait to download it on their devices right now. The release of the Beta version has intact every hope and as people now know what could be introduced with the iOS 11. You will get an insight into all the Apple devices which would be compatible with the eleventh generation iOS below.
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 5
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro 9.7-inches version
- iPad Pro 10.5-inches version
- Original iPad
- iPad Pro 12.9-inches version
- Second generation iPad
iOS 11 Release Date: All You Need to Know
The release date of iOS 11 is certainly approaching and we can expect the operating system to get unveiled in fall 2017. Now that we already got an insight into the Beta version of the OS, the officials of Apple will now plan on releasing the public beta before rolling out the iOS 11. However, the operating system will be not available for the iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and the iPad 4 and this has taken place just because the devices are equipped with the 32 bit Apple processor and not the 64-bit processor. This might sound dispiriting for the users of those devices but there was certainly no way out for the Apple officials.
Almost all the revelations regarding the features of iOS 11 have already been made and this has made several users thrilled. People thought that Apple could rework the Dark Mode feature but that certainly did not happen. But most of the predictions turned out to be true and people are surely related because of it. And if the Apple users turn out to be lucky they might even get to see iOS 11 coming up with some more features when it releases.
Fall 2017 is already nearing and now people are exhilarated to use the all new features on their iPads, iPhones, and iPods. The Augmented Reality feature could turn out to be the biggest development in the eleventh generation iOS and it would surely grab every attention. The feature sounds quite thrilling and might straight away get into the good books of users. Therefore, iOS 11 surely seems to be more powerful than all the processors and might have every probability of acquiring positive responses but that would also depend upon how the reviews which would be given by the users.